Join us in celebrating National Surgical Technologists Week (Sept 18-24)
This week, we celebrate AAMC’s Surgical Techs Week between September 18-24, 2016. The job of a surgical technologist is complex and important. They have many duties before, during and after a surgery. For example, Surg Techs:
- -make sure surgical instruments, drapes and solutions are sterilized
- -gather surgical equipment and make sure it is working correctly
- -stand next to the surgeon and the patient, helping the surgeon with equipment throughout the surgery
- -expedite surgical procedures by swiftly passing and skillfully using appropriate surgical instruments
- -monitor surgical instruments and supplies to ensure no foreign objects are retained (www.ast.org).
Be sure to say a big thank you to our Surgical Techs this week! From all AAMC Nurses, we appreciate all you do for our patients and our team.
Post your comment