BLS, ACLS, PALS & NRP classes are free to AAMC employees
Effective immediately, BLS, ACLS, PALS & NRP classes are free to AAMC employees! Registration instructions for both the instructor-led class and the HealthStream class with simulation manikin are below.
To register for an instructor-led class:
- Go to AAMC’s home page: www.aahs.org
- Click on Living Healthier→ then Classes & Events → under Healthcare Professionals, click on American Heart Association Courses (see screen shot below)→ then Browse Classes listed by Month.
- Select a class and click register. To ensure you are not charged for the course, copy and paste employee discount code.
- Provide employee number and AAHS email address for employee information.
- NOTE: Employees must authorize a payroll deduction if they do not attend class. Fee varies depending on the course.
To register for the HealthStream class with simulation manikin:
- Go to www.aahs.org. Click on BLS and ACLSHealthStream course assignment.
- Complete form and submit. A confirmation screen will provide instructions for logging onto HealthStream, booking an appointment, and preparing for the skills portion of your certification.
Only nurses can take ACLS.
A fee will be charged to employees who register and then do not attend class.
If AAMC employee chooses to take one of the above classes from an outside vendor the cost will not be reimbursed. Exceptions will be made if:
- a class is cancelled by Clinical Education and another class is not available before the employee expires.
- the employee registered for outside class prior to December 31, 2013