$90,000 in scholarships available to AAMC nurses. Apply today!
AAMC’s Nursing Scholarship Program was established in 1990 as a memorial to Marlene Reiter, RN, a staff nurse at AAMC. Since then, funds have been donated by family, friends and community organizations to continue support of this valued program. The scholarship fund is designed to encourage and support AAMC employees who are currently enrolled in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.
Recipients are selected based upon several criteria, including academic achievement, letters of recommendation, community involvement and financial need. This year, eighteen $5,000 scholarships will be awarded!
To be eligible for a scholarship award, applicants must:
- work at AAMC for at least 6 months
- be in good standing, without disciplinary actions, written or above (i.e. poor attendance, substandard work appraisals, etc.)
- be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate nursing program or provide documentation of college acceptance and nursing program study plan.
- attend the Nurses Week dinner on Thursday, May 7, 2015.
- continue their employment at AAMC for one year following completion of their nursing degree.
Applications are available here and must be received no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, February 13, 2015: