$60,000 in scholarships to be awarded to AAMC nurses
AAMC’s Nursing Scholarship Program was established in 1990 as a memorial to Marlene Reiter, RN, a staff nurse at AAMC. Since then, funds have been donated by family, friends and community organizations to continue support of this valued program. The scholarship fund is designed to encourage and support AAMC employees who are currently enrolled in undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.
Recipients are selected based upon several criteria, including academic achievement, letters of recommendation, community involvement and financial need. This year, twelve $5,000 scholarships will be awarded.
Applications will be available on the Nursing web page starting December 13.
To be eligible for a scholarship award, applicants must:
- work at AAMC for at least 6 months
- be in good standing, without disciplinary actions, written or above (i.e. poor attendance, substandard work appraisals, etc.)
- be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate nursing program or provide documentation of college acceptance and nursing program study plan.
Selected recipients must attend the Nurses Week dinner on Thursday, May 8, 2014, in order to receive their scholarship award. Additionally, all scholarship recipients are expected to continue their employment at AAMC for one year following completion of their nursing degree. This agreement is concurrent with the Tuition Assistance policy (HR 8.6.02) and Professional Certification Program (HR 8.6.03).
- Nursing Scholarship applications must be received no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2014.
- Past scholarship recipients may only apply for a Nursing Scholarship every other year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Contact Jenn Romero at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions