Community Service Initiative seeking new members
Do you enjoy helping out in our community? Have you ever wished there was a way you could give back to needy families who live close by? Are you looking for service opportunities? Consider joining up with the Community Service Initiative.
What is a Community Service Initiative (CSI) Workgroup Member? A CSI Workgroup Member someone from our organization who contributes to and supports the initiative purpose: to develop and implement a partnership with the Light House Shelter and to recognize existing community service groups within the hospital. Members have strong communication and listening skills, are good problem solvers, have a positive attitude about their workplace, employer, and the community service initiative, and are accountable.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a Workgroup Member?
- Regular attendance (80% or better) at committee meetings, which are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month from 0900-1130. Options for attendance are face to face, phone bridge, etc.
- Acceptance of initiative related projects that may require completion on personal time—estimated time is 4-6 hours/month.
- Serve as representative (2 times/year) during Traveling Coffee House for monthly communication rounds.
To apply to become a Workgroup Member, click here.
Are you interested in participating, but not able to make regular meetings? Consider becoming your unit’s CSI Unit Liaison. In this role, responsibilities include:
- Serving as a point of contact from the CSI initiative to your unit. The Liaison primarily helps distribute information and publicize community events on a unit level (e.g. post signs for Thanksgiving Basket Drive, coordinate collection of goods, deliver basket to assigned place.)
- NO attendance required at monthly meetings.
To become a Unit Liaison, click here.