After 30 years, AAMC says farewell to Lisa Hillman

After 30 years, AAMC says farewell to Lisa Hillman

hillmanLisa Hillman, senior vice president, Legislative Affairs and president, AAMC Foundation, retired on June 30, concluding a 30-year career at AAMC.

During her tenure, the Foundation completed four capital campaigns and raised more than $100 million for capital and programmatic expansions that benefit patient care.

“Lisa has been a tremendous asset to the health system,” said Tori Bayless, president and CEO. “She has not only led many successful fundraising campaigns but she has been generous in her commitment to support the people, programs, services, and facilities that make Anne Arundel Medical Center a nationally recognized and community-cherished hospital.”

On behalf of Nursing at AAMC, we would like to thank Lisa for her tremendous commitment to our organization, our staff, and our patients.

Lisa, you have truly left your mark – you will be missed. We wish you the best in all your future endeavors.

8 comments

1. Posted by Saisa Neel, at Reply

Dearest Lisa,
    I hope you get this. I only found out this morning that you had retired. Not withstanding your excellent achievements here at AAMC, I have a personal tribute to you. You were my voice in the Administration, after “Chip” left. You permitted me to have Health Tours for Youth in 2010-2011 and in 2011-2012. You met with the middle school students and introduced them to the AAMC family. Your willingness to believe in what I was trying to do and your active support paved the way for many successful tours! My fervent prayer is that we touched the heart of at least one student, who will return here to give service to this institution. I will never forget how much you supported us and how much you cared. Pray you are enjoying your well-earned accolades and are entering an EXCITING NEW phase of a life well spent. Love always, Saisa Neel

2. Posted by Lisa Hillman, at Reply

Thank you for your many kind expressions.
    Serving nursing at AAMC has been a joy and privilege for more than 30 years. You are a remarkable group of people – smart, skilled, resourceful, focused, compassionate, energized over how to make life better for patients, always.
    Thanks for allowing me to work “behind” you – all the way!
    With love and respect,
    Lisa

3. Posted by Mary Paxson Churchill, at Reply

Lisa,
    Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to AAMC. I wish you the best of luck in what ever your future holds. I am only mad that you get to retire before me. Take care.
    Mary (from ED)

4. Posted by Mary Beth Tubiolo, at Reply

Thank you for your many years of dedicated service to AAMC. You made a significant contribution to the professional development of many nurses in our institution and we can’t thank you enough. Best wishes to you as you begin the next chapter in your life. Happy retirement!

5. Posted by Jenn Wilson, at Reply

Best wishes for your future endeavors! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to the Foundation and for helping so many of our nurses receive such generous scholarships over the years. Happy retirement!

6. Posted by jmanlapaz, at Reply

Lisa, it’s been such a wonderful experience working here with you around. Your pleasant personality and dedication to your profession is a great asset and will be missed. Good luck and enjoy your retirement.

7. Posted by Marianne McKiernan, at Reply

Thank You Lisa for raising the bar at AAMC. You are an inspiration! Happy Retirement!

8. Posted by Deb Keane, at Reply

Lisa,
    While I am sad that you are leaving AAMC, the benefits of all your contributions and accomplishments leaves a wonderful legacy. I wish you the best of luck in your next big adventure!