Support for your COPD and adult asthma patients — welcome AAMC’s Pulmonary Disease Navigator
AAMC now has a Pulmonary Disease Navigator, Jennifer Sayles. Here’s some information about how she can help you care for your COPD and adult asthma patients:
The Pulmonary Disease Navigator:
- is a consultant and educator in the multi-disciplinary care of patients with COPD and adult asthma.
- -provides support, education, coordination of care, and other assistance for patients.
- -utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to planning and providing care.
- -acts as liaison between different care providers to ensure that the specific needs and concerns of the pulmonary patients, their caregivers and support systems, referring physicians and hospital staff are met.
- -develops and participates in hospital and community outreach educational programs.
To utilize the Pulmonary Disease Navigator, provider orders are required. Select Consult to Pulmonary Disease Navigator or use the COPD order set in EPIC.