Ready to climb the Ladder? Check out the Nursing Clinical Ladder revisions, tools and resources
Have you heard about the revised Nursing Clinical Ladder — there are even more opportunities for AAMC nurses to get on board!
With revisions, many of which were suggested by our nurses, the Ladder is even more robust. For example, a Level 4 (with bonus) has been added to support MSN-prepared nurses at the bedside and an EBP or process improvement project has been added. Additionally, ladder criteria is now weighted, giving more credit to those who have more involvement in various committees, projects, educational offerings and community service.
Are you ready to start climbing the Nursing Clinical Ladder? Here are some tools and resources to help you get started:
Before you apply
- -Attend a Professional Development Session. You’ll be able to ask questions, practice presenting your portfolio, meet with clinical ladder coaches and view sample portfolios. These sessions are held the second Thursday of each month in the LEED lobby.
- -Review the Nursing Clinical Ladder application instructions.
- -Read over the 2016 Nursing Clinical Ladder criteria. (The 2015 Nursing Clinical Ladder criteria can be used until October 1, 2016.)
Prepare your application
Present your portfolio
- -Schedule your Board Review well in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All Board Review meetings are scheduled in the Doordan Institute. Available 2016 dates are:
June 29 (1300-1530)
July 8 (1000-1230)
July 19 (1000-1230)
August 5 (1000-1230)
August 31 (1300-1530)
September 14 (1000-1230)
September 29 (1300-1530)
October 14 (1000-1230)
October 27 (1300-1530)
November 3 (1000-1230)
November 17 (1000-1230)
December 1 (1000-1230)
December 15 (1000-1230)
- -Practice presenting your portfolio. This tip sheet for the interview offers practical advice.
Still have questions? Email Irma Holland at email@example.com.