Call for proposals coming in January 2016 – start planning for your Bedside Scientist project!
In January 2016, the Nursing Research Council looks forward to formally announcing the call for proposals for the FY 2017 Bedside Scientist Grants. New this year will be a quality improvement project grant and a research grant.
Now is the time to be thinking about evidence-based quality improvement projects and research studies ideas for $1,000 project funding.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Bedside Shift Report – Impact on selected outcomes (i.e. falls, oversedation, Foley days, hospital acquired pressure ulcers, patient satisfaction with nursing communication)
- Reduction of CAUTI using multipronged (i.e. nursing protocols, education)
- Reduction of Injury falls using protective devices (i.e. floor mats, hip protectors)
- Interventions to improve workplace safety for nurses
- Implementation and evaluation of a program to increase resources to address ethical issues
- Interventions to improve patient satisfaction with pain, courtesy and respect, careful listening, responsiveness, and discharge
- Impact of formalized training/education for patient‘s loved one who provides routine care following discharge
- Reduction of restraint use
- Improving pain management in patients undergoing (insert type of surgery) through the use of (state nursing intervention)
- Use of a delirium screening tool and multifaceted education on ability for nurses to evaluate delirium correctly.
- Reducing Central Line Associated Blood Stream Infections
- Improving pediatric pain assessment
- Improving pain management for women in labor using non-pharmacological interventions
- Improved interventions to prepare patients for surgical patients
- Better identification and treatment of obstructive sleep disorder in surgical patients
If you would like discuss your topic ideas, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact members of the Nursing Research Council. – Cathaleen Ley, PhD, RN